Hello from Connecticut

Cindy

Cindy, Oliver, and Annie
Owned by
2 cockers
Hi Everyone! My name is Cindy, I'm owned by, and serve the needs of two black and white parti cockers, Oliver and Annie. Oliver, age five, came to us at just under ten weeks of age from a show breeder; Annie was a NY street urchin that was lucky to make her way into rescue. After less than two weeks of "fostering" Annie, she made it clear that this was going to be her forever home (she has now been with us for four years).

I see a lot of familiar names and faces on this site:wave:, and hope to get to know those of you who are not yet familiar.

Thank you for allowing us to join.

Cindy, Oliver, and Annie

Welcome Cindy! I saw your cute cocker profile picture :luv: I'm glad Linda invited you to our forum. Hoping to see more pictures of Oliver and Annie. You can see my 2 cockers by clicking on my name and viewing my profile. Hoshi is my little wild child. We made the mistake of eating hot dogs in the car with Hoshi. Hoshi was sneaking bites off my hot dog. Later he tried to step on lid of my soda--didn't work. I was splashed as his foot went into my soda. He still had the lid on his foot when he got out of the car.

:wave:Hi from Washington state...DJ here. We are lucky enought to have three lovely cocker girlies sharing our house and hearts. Hannah and Maggie are both 8 years old and Zoe' is 7. Check out the girls in their album.

Hope to hear more about your two soon. Join in the fun of this great board.

Thank you Manuel and DJ for the warm welcome. It looks like it may take a few days to learn the site, but I am looking forward to getting to know everyone (human and fur kids alike).

Hi Cindy! I'm from CT too, and there aren't any others on this forum, so I'm glad to see you. My cocker is Frankie, age 5 whom I got from Linny. We live in Hamden.

Hey there Kelly (Farley, Grace, and Jack, too)!

Hi Judy and Frankie. We are in Stratford, but took both dogs to school (Paws 'N Effect) in Hamden.

Let me know if you need any help with the forum. We will have an upgrade probably in December with added features. :)

Hey it's Oliber Cocker Spaniel and his special little sister Annie and their Mama Cindy - Finally !!!!

It's so nice to see you - I was getting a little withdrawl from not seeing any cute photo shoots.

Cindy is a fabulous photographer, not just the dogs, but her lovely koi pond and garden.

That reminds me, is big bird still hanging around?

OMG OMG OMG!!! I am soooo overdue for Oliber and Annie pics and the pond and Karen's wedding and and and... WELCOME Cindy and my favortie alien pooches! :)

Hi Cindy. I'm Karen and I have two black and white parti cockers, Dylan and Riley. I love the picture you used for your avitar.

Hi Linny! Thank you! I thought I would finally get brave enough and join the forum. LOL, we netted the pond to discourage the heron, and this week a woodpecker has taken up residence right outside my bedroom window in the bat house!

Last edited:

Hi Karen, Dylan, and Riley, it's so nice to meet you. I hope to look through everyone's photos in the next few days so I can start to put faces to those I haven't met before.

Hey there, Amanda! How are you and the gang doing? It's been too long.

Hi Sharon and M boys and CocoMO and Charile! It's nice to see so many friends again. Ummm, after four years together, and two years of planning the wedding that was to take place next Saturday, it was decided three months ago, that it isn't going to happen. It was a big shock to say the least, but hey, better now than later.

I am sorry to hear the wedding isn't going to happen. Sending good thoughts to Karen, you and Chip.

How are Annie's allergies doing?

My furry crew is doing ok. Reagan has been having health problems that the vet is still working to figure out. He is thinking it is an autoimmune disease since everything we test for is negative. I just dropped off some more videos of her to the vet (she is having trouble walking with a lot of joint pain). We lost Lucy (not sure if you remember our CRF kitty) in September.

Cindy,
The same thing happened with my DD, although we weren't that far into it. They dated for four years and were engaged for one year. We called it the the de-gagement.

I am sorry to hear the wedding isn't going to happen. Sending good thoughts to Karen, you and Chip.

How are Annie's allergies doing?

My furry crew is doing ok. Reagan has been having health problems that the vet is still working to figure out. He is thinking it is an autoimmune disease since everything we test for is negative. I just dropped off some more videos of her to the vet (she is having trouble walking with a lot of joint pain). We lost Lucy (not sure if you remember our CRF kitty) in September.

Thanks Amanda. Both Karyn and Rob are good, talented people, they just decided that where they saw themselves individually and as a couple in the future varied greatly. We love them both and respect this hard decission that they made. They have continued to work together as EMTs several nights a week.

We are still fighting Annie's allergies; She is probably the best she's been since we got her. Her Vet decided to take her off cyclosporine today to see how she does. She will continue with the Chloramphericol, prednisone, benedryl, and medicated shampoo three times a week!

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty and poor Reagan. I hope they find out what's going on with her.

(((HUGS)))
Cindy, Oliver, and Annie

Last edited:
Cindy,
The same thing happened with my DD, although we weren't that far into it. They dated for four years and were engaged for one year. We called it the the de-gagement.

It's very difficult for all involved. We love Robby, as far as we were concerned, he was already a member of our family. Everything was done and booked for the wedding, dresses, locations for the wedding and reception, caterer, DJ, photographers, cake, transportation, flowers, etc. Unfortunately, do to the timing, we are getting stuck with not only losing the deposits, but some services we have to pay for in full.

When it comes down to it, it's a small price to pay now, rather than later.

Most assuredly better now than later! I am very sorry to hear this though. They did seem perfect for each other.

Thanks, Sharon. They are both very special people. All we want for both of them is happiness.

Back