Hi all

Oh I am happy for you!I am glad it worked out and you have you baby home and happy! Now we need some Pictures!!

Hi

I would like to thank all for the support, best wishes, and crossed fingers for Jackye and I during our search for a new pet. We got home about 12:30 last night so it was a really long day. The trip was worth it.

Now now we have to decide on a name for him. He does not respond to the name the breeder gave him so all options are open. Kept us awake last night while driving going through various names.

We tried to rescue a dog but it did not work out. The experience was drama ridden and I am not sure how that is good for the dogs or humans wishing to adopt. We did not have any postive feelings at all during the adoption experience. I hope the expericence was not typical for Rescue Organizations.

Mike

I am so happy you got a special dog. Congratulations to you and to him!

I have to say that if you had gone to our Linny's rescue (cockers in need), your experience would most certainly have been happier. Linny is demanding, but that is because it is all about the dogs and their well being. The love comes through as soon as you see her and her dogs. I do believe any rescues I have come into contact with feel similarly. We have several here, and I'd adopt from any of them in a New York minute, if they'd take me!

I think there are some great rescues and, if you read here, you will know there are some wonderful people here who really care deeply about the dogs and do a wonderful job of placement. I wish all rescues were as wonderful.

I can't wait to hear what you name your new guy and I hope you have lots of fun with him.

We tried to rescue a dog but it did not work out. The experience was drama ridden and I am not sure how that is good for the dogs or humans wishing to adopt. We did not have any postive feelings at all during the adoption experience. I hope the expericence was not typical for Rescue Organizations.

I'm so sorry it didn't work out with Riley. We have all talked to her about easing up on the crate fixation she has. Believe it or not I saw her refuse to give a man his dog that he was approved for because he was using a crate to take the dog home. Much safer I guess to just let it bounce all over the car... I don't get it - you have all these critters in crates at the adoption thingys but then tell someone "NO DOG FOR YOU" if they even mention crates.

She never did say anything else to us one way or the other. I had a great experience with the humane society here in Jax as Sarge is a rescue so I know there are those whose primary concern is getting the dogs in good homes, but this was Mike's first time with one.

Max is a bundle of joy, though. He met one of the grand kids yesterday and it went well. Next step is puppy school. Our vet recommended one nearby that uses positive reinforcement.

I feel so terrible that it didn't work out for you with the rescue. I mean, I am the one that suggested you come down to see us at the event - and then to have all that happen. It makes me sick to think about it. I'm so embarrased by the whole thing and I feel as if I let you both down. Please believe me - I really did try.

Dot,
Mike and I are both glad we came down even though it didn't work out. Please don't feel bad. I really appreciate you inviting us and it was so nice to meet you and Sharon. ((Hugs))

Back