Hi all

Hi, Dot. Thank you. It was nice meeting both you and Sharon today. It's great to put faces with names. :)

We are interested in adopting Riley and would have loved to have taken him home today. We will make the leap of faith again for him and I will send the email. Hopefully it will work out.

Jacqueline

PLEASE fill out the on-line application.

Yip!

I just called the rescue and left her a voice mail that you sent the app last night. (just in case she hasn't seen it yet) :)

Thanks! She has seen it and I replied back to the question she had on our app. Right now we're patiently waiting to hear something back. Fingers and paws crossed.

She doesn't care for crates. You might want to keep that in mind.

check your PM's

Last edited:
Just wanted to post a quick note to let everyone know status. We haven't heard anything since she asked about the crate. It is possible she'll turn us down because we crate train our dogs, but hopefully not. She said we might be able to adopt him this weekend, so I hope to hear more in the next couple of days. Fingers and paws crossed.

OH HOW THRILLING!!!! Can't wait to hear the word YES from you!!!!! Paws crossed xxxxxx

I hope it will be good news but know if its not that you will find your perfect pet when it is time you will be drawn to each other as if by an invisible force.

Still haven't heard anything on Riley. Mike and I are both expecting to get a no answer on his adoption. I talked with my Mom today - she is on an extended visit with us. Turns out she is going to be with us longer than we originally thought, which means a younger dog becomes an option. We're looking at a beautiful 3 month old cocker right now. I think he's mis-marked (someone mentioned that in a different post - not solid enough and not enough white), but I think he is gorgeous.

puppy..jpg

You're right about him being gorgeous. Still wishing you luck on the adoption.

Still no word, so I withdrew our application for Riley. We are going to Georgia to look at a cocker tonight and have our vet talking to their vet today, along with a tentative appointment with our vet for tomorrow morning. Like Max's Mommy said, we are both feeling that invisible force and have a very good feeling about him. I am trying not to get too excited, but it is hard not to. :)

Still no word, so I withdrew our application for Riley. We are going to Georgia to look at a cocker tonight and have our vet talking to their vet today, along with a tentative appointment with our vet for tomorrow morning. Like Max's Mommy said, we are both feeling that invisible force and have a very good feeling about him. I am trying not to get too excited, but it is hard not to. :)

He is way too cute...good luck, hope all works out for you. You will just know if it is right.

Thank you! Everything did work out. We drove 220 miles to Georgia to see him yesterday and 220 miles back with him last night. He had a good car ride and he's settling right in. Our vet is seeing him in a few hours, and he already has all the info from Bentley's vet in Georgia. He was a little bit nervous of Sarge last night, but this morning he's already playing with him. Now he's tuckered out and he and Mike are both relaxing in the lazy boy.

Back