Kegan update

I'm sure there are folks that could show him for you. He's a lovely boy - nice structure, etc. I hope you find a good home for him.

Ok. It's been decided. Congrats Kathy!
STORMBEA'S HEZAN ASH KICKER

Oh Thank you Robin...What an honor to name stunning baby boy Kegan!!!! When can I expect him to be flying into Knoxville?? He is the prize isn't he??? :naughty: I can send him right on to Mike and Linda,they live right down the road from me!! :D

I "Love" the Heza and Sheza names (Sounds like he's uh and she's uh with a spelling twist)
One of my minis is named Standing Ovations Heza Heartbreaker

Last edited:
Nice job Kathy =) I also love the Heza Sheza names.. and those can just keep on going on right down the line. SO many possibilities!!

I agree with Kelly. You should keep him and send him up to Canada to finish. I think there are a few ways it could be worked out, cost effectively. =)))

I agree with Kelly. You should keep him and send him up to Canada to finish. I think there are a few ways it could be worked out, cost effectively. =)))

Please don't think this is a dumb question but could you tell me why Kegan cannot be shown in the US?

Please don't think this is a dumb question but could you tell me why Kegan cannot be shown in the US?

Kegan is a Sable and they aren't allowed to be shown in the US, although they can be shown in some other countries like Canada. Unlike merles, sables have no more health problems than any other ASCOB, Black, or Parti cocker. I also believe that way back in the past they could be shown. For some reason back in the 1990s the ASC decided they could no longer be shown.

Wow...I did not know that. I knew you could not show merles and aware of their health issues if misbred...and I know that a sable has no more issues than any other Cocker,but had no idea you could not show them. That is a shame,Sables are so beautiful!!

I agree Kathy. It really is a shame they can't be shown in the US. Karen is right and back in the day they did show them. I saw (in print) a while back the reasoning behind them excluding the sables and for the life of me I can't find it again.

Correct me if I am wrong...But isn't Merles registered as Sables under AKC rules? Or is there a merle and sable seperate listing for them now when you register them?

Correct me if I am wrong...But isn't Merles registered as Sables under AKC rules? Or is there a merle and sable seperate listing for them now when you register them?

Merle is SEPERATE as its own listing now. Ppl USED to register the Merle's as roans which was incorrect also.

Thank you Robin...I knew Merles was registered under another color and very glad to hear they have there own now. I have never owned a merle or roan so not up on the latest AKC listings with them.

Kegan n his momma Layin on the couch.
F66DF943-7E0C-4401-9BEE-407B84C2709D-21268-00000CEA28452CAA.jpg

He's saying ANOTHER PICTURE???? hahahah! What a cutiebug.

What a beauty he is...and I LOVE his Mom,she is also so very beautiful!!

You can tell that boy is just rotten.... just the way I like them, and yes, him's Momma is gorgeous!!

Back