new puppy any suggestions of a name?

Phil

Hi all

Picking up a black cocker spaniel female puppy next week, she will be 8 weeks old, but we can't agree on a name! We want the name to be short, but human, and a name that will suit her when she is all grown up!

Any ideas?

Phil (N. Ireland)

Hi Phil welcome! I'm Polly and live in So CA with hubby and our 3 cockers. Welcome to your new baby coming soon.
I just googled Irish/Gaelic names and came up with these:
Teagan
Keira
Adara

Gaelic names
Kylie
Kyla

Hello, Phil, and welcome! I'd wait until you've had her a few days before picking a name... I'm sure she'll respond to Puppy, Doggie, etc., meanwhile. See her personality first. Our cockers are Cordelia, aged 6, and Nicholas Cockervich Nobarkoff, aged 15. Both names came after 3 days or so. Congratulations on your new baby!

So hard to decide, trying to think of what i would be comfortable calling her in the local park! Thinking of something more traditional (boring I know)

Lindy, Lizzy, Ivy, Katy, Holly, Felicity, Ruby, Melody, Emily, Carly, Molly???? Does it have to be a y or just the y sound. Millie? Callie? Cassie? Lexie?

Sometimes you just need to have a list, start crossing them out and then wait to see which one fits the puppy.

Zoe' did not have a name for several days.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new baby! Here are some of my favs:

Camille
Gabrielle or Gabby for short
Chloe

Lucy

Well just woke up after our 3rd night, Lucy has been good all 3 nights, first night whimpering then peeing then back to sleep, the last two nights not as much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 49
Back