new puppy any suggestions of a name?

Such a pretty little girl! And Lucy is a perfect name.

I'm Judy, and my cocker is an almost-8-year-old boy named Frankie. He is black, too, but with quite a bit of white as well.

Awwweee, puppy breath...it out-weights the sleepless first few nights :) Lucy is very pretty.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the messages all is going well with Lucy, she is now booked in with the vet for her second injection and microchiping next Thursday. She is currently lying here beside me on the sofa having puppy dreams.

Lucy at 12 weeks

Few new images!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 54
What's her personality? Use something with a hard consonant as the first letter. Will be easier for her to distinguish from other conversation.

Good luck! I trust you're ready to fall in love!!

I like the Gelic approach, since you are looking for a human name. Also, because of those suggested just about all (if not all) start with a hard consonant. I think initially dogs here mmstufechgermiefluffstuffyum, and a hard consonant like K, R, T, D helps them distinguish their name from chatter, regardless of is speaking to them.
Congratulations!

Hiya...am brand new to the forum and had to respond to this post (hopefully you'll see it after it gets the "ok"...:) ). We will be picking up a new family member this Saturday and have been pondering the same thing. A name! My daughter really likes "Lady", but I'm still on the fence. I love some of these name suggestions (we can't use Penny or Keira, tho, bummer).

I google what I don't get and I still don't get it. :)

I think she means dogs HEAR mmstufech...... In other words most of our words sound like gibberish to them but a hard consonant makes their name stand out to them.

I don't necessarily agree with her. I think Farley hears his name just fine and so does Eloise.

Last edited:
I realize I'm jumping in at the tail end of this but I agree with Karen. I don't necessarily agree with that either. I have had several dogs that understand a LARGE number of words. (We have even had to resort to spelling for a few of them)

My dogs, with their multitude of nicknames, know their names just fine. That is demonstrated at obedience competitions, where I always use their "real" names.

I realize I'm jumping in at the tail end of this but I agree with Karen. I don't necessarily agree with that either. I have had several dogs that understand a LARGE number of words. (We have even had to resort to spelling for a few of them)

I have to agree...my older Lab totally knows "walk, food, leash, bonies", etc...I bet he wishes he knew "v-e-t" tho...ha.

My little Lhasa knows "Dinner"... haha. And my Cocker boy Shiloh used to know "Ears Cleaned?!" He'd take off running. :lol:

Hi all

Picking up a black cocker spaniel female puppy next week, she will be 8 weeks old, but we can't agree on a name! We want the name to be short, but human, and a name that will suit her when she is all grown up!

Any ideas?

Phil (N. Ireland)
Hi, I just joined and I'm in NI as well. I pick up my cocker in 2 weeks, have named her Lexi. It's going to be a long 2 weeks :)

Noir, purrrrfect for a black baby!!!!! Concatulations on your little one!!!! Pictures please (get used to that new friends)!!!!!!:)

Back