New puppy or is it a howler monkey?

I know a lot of people are saying to hold her and provide her with lots of attention. However, I actually think this is the wrong thing to do because you're rewarding her bad behavior. When my baby girl would cry (mostly at night) I would make sure she doesn't have to go potty, that she's not hungry, and assure her basic needs are taken care of. If all of her basic needs are met I would tell her, "it's time to go night night," and then I would cover her kennel. The hardest part is then ignoring the pup.

An additional option is to train her when it is ok to howl. My cocker knows this as singing. So now when I ask her to sing with me she knows this is the only time it is ok to howl.

Great success ! Lexi now goes to bed with no bother and sleeps all night without a sound, she gets up when I get up....if she wakes before me I hear a little whimper but if I don't get up she puts herself back to bed. It's so great having a puppy that sleeps yayyyyyy!

Way to go Lexi!! I knew she would get there and I am sure you are glad to get a full night of sleep Sue.
My last little Cocker was like Lexi,I thought we would never sleep again and one night it just happened,really scared me when I woke up...I jumped up and had to go check on her as I thought something was wrong. Was not long after that she moved on to our bed...lol I am so proud of your baby girl!! :)

Yes it's great...I find myself lying awake in bed wanting to get up but staying in bed to let her sleep lol

Back