New puppy or is it a howler monkey?

Chex did the same thing for the first few nights she was home, she howled so loudly my neighbours thought something bad was going on. But thanks to the wonderful advice :) I've since moved her kennel up to the edge of my bed and covered all but the front door of her kennel and stuck a blanket that Tanz has slept on(and probably drooled on, as he's a drooler in his sleep). She can see when its bed time and will wimper a bit but will settle down, and if its too much Tanz (my 2 year old cocker) will stretch out as far as he possibly can so he has one paw on me and the other in the kennel. She deffently settles down and goes to sleep then. Now the only time she whines is when she needs to go out or if she's knocked her stairs over and can't get up somewhere, but its not the ear splitting howl she came home with.
So just remember, like a new baby, they do grow out of it :)

Howler monkey 2 performed to Oscar level last night. Don't know what was going on.....happy as Larry this morning....

Lexi is probably use to sleeping in a puppy puddle with all her litter mates. Sometimes it can just be lonely to them sleeping alone. Try letting her sleep on an old sweatshirt with your scent on it.

Yes I'm sure that's probably it, I did get a shirt ready for her arrival and it has been with her every night...this is night 4 so far so good she has been in bed 45 mins and no noise. But I'm sure she will at some time. It will just take time, fingers crossed for a bit less noise tonight....

This brings back so many memories. The last puppy I had was a springer. And, I got her way young. The mother had some problems, so they had to pull the pups early. I don't recall now if it was 5 or 6 weeks. This was B4 the days of crate training. She was put in the kitchen at night and I basically had to sleep in the kitchen w/her so everyone else could get some sleep. I decided then and there that the next time I got a pup it would be on a Friday since I wouldn't need to get up in the morning.

Macette, I love that pic in your siggy. :wub:

Well I think it was a better night , she cried from 11 till 1 quite loudly, I nearly weakened, but then it stopped till 5.30 am so got up then :( tonight might be better...

Woooohooo and YEEEEEHAW she slept.....15 min cry at 10.15pm silence till 4.30am then only 5 min yap, left her till 5.45 and got up to her sitting quietly.... Soooooo delighted hope its going to last....that was 5 nights all together....

Thanks Deborah, hope it lasts...but it's a step in the right direction and the toilet training is coming on well, progress has been made....

Woooohooo and YEEEEEHAW she slept.....15 min cry at 10.15pm silence till 4.30am then only 5 min yap, left her till 5.45 and got up to her sitting quietly.... Soooooo delighted hope its going to last....that was 5 nights all together....
Woop Woop!!

I can see your point...I forgot how much work was involved with a puppy -_-;

ha ha that's what happened to us. It had been 15 years since I had a puppy and completely forgot how much WORK they are!!
We (the humans), had a big celebration when she turned 1, becuase we survived :lol:

This is why I adopt older dogs, they come with that app preloaded:D

Hmmmm, it appears Maggie needs a new app.....she has decided that 5am is a much better time to get up and ask for breakfast than 6. I don't think anyone told her about daylights savings time. :) But she does sleep from 10pm to 5

Yahooo, she is understanding that she will see you in the morning.

Hmmmm, it appears Maggie needs a new app.....she has decided that 5am is a much better time to get up and ask for breakfast than 6. I don't think anyone told her about daylights savings time. :) But she does sleep from 10pm to 5

Well, she only has a little more than a month B4 daylight savings time begins, so hopefully, she'll be good. :lol:

Back