Pye alerts!!! (daily)

PYE ALERT!Sunday Pye kind of reverted and had quite a few "not accidents" "on purpose" LOL in the cabin.So, yesterday I kept him tethered, and, when I vacuumed the cabin I rearranged my area rugs again so that they covered and protected more of my carpet. Wow! Ghee! No accidents yesterday!!!So it was MY fault! I wasn't as aware of Pye and I wasn't watching him as well as I should have.Mommy's sorry Pye! :bat: Also Nancy said yesterday she stopped and got a couple water bottles. She and Joe really noticed a lowering in Marely's chewing on them. Of course things are a little different with Marley since his mouth is what he 'sees' with.

Polly, I found it too easy as they got a little more reliable to forget that I still needed to keep a close eye on them and take tem out more frequently than they thought they needed to go out.

Polly...I don't know if you remember but when Levi was Pye's age....he went out about every 15 minutes,course he figured out ringing the bell,going out and squatting got him a treat...lol but as long as he would ring it,I took him out,I knew in the long run it was working. He is now on a normal schedule but for about 2 months I could not even sit down as we went in and out so much. Now little Cole....oh my,rings the bell and has not had an accident in the house since he was about four months old,but he had a very good bell ringing teacher...lol Hang in there it will get easier. :ghost:

3 month old puppy potty times.

First thing when wakes up
Again in 10 to 15 minutes (they will go more often after night in crate)
After breakfast
Again in 10 to 15 minutes after feeding (this will cut down as they get older)
After morning playtime
As soon as they wake from morning naptime
After afternoon playtime
As soon as they wake from afternoon naptime
After Dinner
Again in about 15 minutes after feeding (this will cut down as they get older)
After evening playtime
Again Before Bedtime (I try not to let them take a nap in late evening as they do not go to bed on time and seem to get up more at night)

In crate around 10 and now you can sleep for a while as new puppy Mom's are exhausted by this time and also ready for bed :)

Add in anytime you see nose on floor sniffing,anytime they go over an hour playing without being outside (like during evening playtime)...take them out. Carry a "very" special treat (I like tiny bites of cheese or lunch meat) and only use it for potty outside as soon as they use bathroom, praise,praise,praise....Pye just did the greatest thing possible.

Last edited:
Thanks Kathy!!! And, I do remember Levi running and ringing your bell! So cute!

Oh I forgot...I put in crate for naptimes because if you don't catch them right when they wake up...they piddle or even poop on the floor. When in crate they will hold it till you come get them ;)

WOO HOO PYE ALERT!!!! Pye was/is mostly tethered today also. When I was fixing dinner he wasn't on his leash, but he started to run around and towards my back door! Good boy PYE!He ran outside to Poo! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!:ween:

WOO HOO PYE ALERT!!!! Pye was/is mostly tethered today also. When I was fixing dinner he wasn't on his leash, but he started to run around and towards my back door! Good boy PYE!He ran outside to Poo! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!:ween:

Alright Pye! Good boy. Bet your momma have you a special treat :)

Yea Pye!!!! He is getting it :) Did you have a happy party with treats?
He got his jumping up and down and praise. He now runs to me, puts his paws on my let when he expects praise Kathy. I don't use treats to reward him for potty training. I never have.

PYE ALERT!!!!I take Pye out first thing every morning. While he's out with Pogs doing his morning business, I feed the birds. This morning he did great! Went potty as normal. Then I made my puppy cookies that I call Bucca's and sat down with my first cup of coffee. Pye wanted up in my lap. So I brought him up, we cuddled, he kissed me.. but seemed clingy..I couldn't figure it out! WELL...........I unhooked him from his leash, he went right to the back door, wanted out, went Poo AGAINGood boy Pye! (but a LOT of poo for a little guy lol)He was trying to tell me what he wanted! Good Boy Pye!Oh, on a funny note.. last night I was ready for bed, was settling and decided to play peek a boo with pye.. he LOVED it! But it got him so worked up Daddy (gasp) put him in his crate to settle.LOL BAD Mommy! (I won't do that again just before bed) I promise Pye!:broom:

Oh sweet little Pye...he is catching on quickly, I bet he likes seeing Mommy do the Happy Dance :pumpkin:

Waiting for the UPS man!
Pye-and-me_zpsdf84fe56.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Pogs
Pogs_zpsc98106bc.jpg

I was trying to capture a picture like Grandpa Stormy.. Pye wasn't having any of that!
Pirate_zps25d1de5f.jpg

PYE ALERT!Oh no Pye, what do you mean! YOU decided to not like Momma's clippers?!?![sigh] I should sell you to the circus, you would be an excellent puppy for the contortionist! I guess I'll have to take all your pictures this week from your 'right' side LOL.And, Pye, were you just tired, or, did you decide to hate your ear wash also?Oh well, you got one of DJ's liver treats anyway. Great morning nap after all that activity, right Pye?

Back