question

Have not got the food yet, Kathy. Since it is free the owner of the feed store is having a hard time with the distributer that she works with. So she spoke with the owner of Answers pet food, she will work on that. Hoping to have it in a week or so. So far we are still doing the goat's milk in the food. That they do really enjoy.

That is what I am afraid of trying to get into a raw diet. I have read and read and it always seems dogs do great on it...but I am not brave enough to just buy raw food from the store and throw it down on the floor and afraid of the bacteria in it. so if I did raw food I would want a good balanced brand and it is just not available in my area and I cannot bring myself to ship in raw frozen food.

Levi is doing awesome on the half cooked and half kibble...it has been the easiest food change I have ever done with no upsets at all and that lets me know it is good for him,easy on his system and agreeing well with him. It is very enjoyable to cook for him and watch him eat. I may go to total cooked some day but I am still researching all the vitamins and supplements that goes along with it. I added the ground egg shells to yesterday's batch and will see how that goes. I still am doing one thing at a time with very slow changes. The new book I told you about by far has been the most help to me as I truly believe in the power of healing foods and it made everything click to me. Everything is in calories and weight so that has helped answer a lot of my questions also about how much to add with what amount of kibble. It is so scary to set that first bowl down and has been truly a learning experience...it is very hard to change your way of thinking after feeding kibble for over 50 years...but I am getting there :naughty:

Dizzy I am like you...there is very few meds I can take as everything effects me badly and makes my heart race.

Last edited:
First poo for today pic

Attachments

• 20130413_103704.jpg
    20130413_103704.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 13
Yes Kathy, I know. I am so glad that Levi is doing well on the home cooked. I did get that book and was looking through it at what he added, supplements etc. I had been thinking if going raw for a while but was not quite sure about it. Answers I liked. She explained about the bacteria and that kibble have bacteria as well. No dog has gotten sick from this food. They do not use any heat or pressure pasteurization which she explained in the pasteurization process they do have plastic used, that she explained can leak chemicals like BPA. Also the pasteurization can destroy proteins and denature proteins, that can be potential allergens. Their diets are formulated 60% muscle meat, 30% organ meat, 10% ground bone. They do have mixed which they use vegetables like carrots, green beans and yellow squash. This was the only food that was really explained what they use and why. I have called other companies and they could not really explain things much. Anyway we will see how my babies do on this. If I am not happy than I will try cooking for them.

Much better and lots less!! Don't worry if it changes color a little it is the pumpkin. Make sure your Vet checks for worms next time you go or take a stool sample in...they are real bad about causing loose stools.

Last edited:
Second poo he scooted across ground after this one

Attachments

• 20130413_122558.jpg
    20130413_122558.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 18
Did you like the book? I bought several and it was my favorite as it went into more depth of what to do and why....and I like that.
I am about ready to start Pukka's Promise as soon as we get all the taxes and quarterly's in line. So much to do and so little time...lol I hope the raw works well for your babies and very excited to hear about it.

Second poo he scooted across ground after this one

Kristina...I think I see a couple of round worms,they will be white,long and very thin....they can make that kinda slimy film also could be colitis. I know it is gross but if you take a stick and kinda look through it sometimes you can see them better. I would give the pumpkin another day to see if they get firmer and the slim goes away. Sorry I am such a poop checker...lol but it really can tell you a lot about what is going on inside of a dog.

Last edited:
I'm gonna keep an eue on it tell Monday and go from there one question though my cat aand him share water dishes vet said not a concern its not by force but them chooseing too I have three water dishes out two which fill when its low and one I fill.

I picked it up and smooshed it around in the bag and I looked I didn't see anything white ill keep doing that though just to be safe.
I think by monday we should have a better idea cause of the change in amount of food and adding the pumpkin i want it in his system the same for a few days before I take his poop in to be checked unless it's very clear in my face worms. Wondering if he licked stuff off the floor which made tummy upset at this moment I think a ything is possible. Thank u for the help I will keep posting pics of poop to get ur opinion on them

I am not sure about the cat and dog drinking together as I do not have any,maybe someone else would know about that that has both in the house together.
It would not be something he just now licked as it takes 24 to 48 hours for things to work threw them. I have seen slim on poop when changing diet but he has been on it long enough he should be threw that. Hopefully the pumpkin and lower amount of diet will help him straighten up in the next day or two.

I guess my neighbors think I am crazy as I am always checking out poop at my house....but you just gotta do lots of strange things when you own pets...lol

Besides the visual part of worms are there any other clues that it is worms maybe I'm missing other clues. Besides what we have talked about.

Poop three putting few differnt pics of same poop

Attachments

• 20130413_143349.jpg
    20130413_143349.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
2nd pic of poop three

Attachments

• 20130413_143613.jpg
    20130413_143613.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
I smooshed it out so u can see the inside I don't think I see anything if they are to be white there is nothing white in there. Still has a small section of slim area but not near as much as before.

Yes I did like the book Kathy. I know lots to do so little time. Seems like time just flies by. People might think I am weird as well. I do keep tack of my dogs's stool. I can tell the poop from each dog without seeing who did it. Seems like everybody is on the same page here. Lol.

Yes,what an odd conversation...lol
Looks ok Kristina...still soft but hoping it with firm up in the next day or two.

Ya its odd talking about poop but I rather know then find out later when there's major issues that cost WAY MUCH MORE than a simple clue I could have seen. Hubby doesn't look at poop nor doesn't like to pick it up. Oh well. Like I said before thank you for ur help and ill keep posting pics of poop lol tell everyond things we good and out of woods of concern.

Don't feel alone...my hubbie does not do poop either, only I go out with sticks and flashlights...lol
Sometimes it can be something minor that causes it,like if they go to vet,groomer or out to shows,lots of exercise,eat something they should not have,lots of different treats or snacks, just get excited or stressed...these things can also bring on soft stools. I always keep pumpkin around and if you do not use an entire can you can put part in freezer and save for the next time. Trust me there will be a next time...lol

Lol I bought 4 cans and opened one and have it in fridge in container tell we get things going good. I get the whole thing poop changes over any reason reminds me of what my mom alsways said about cats they will puke over a smell u looked at them wrong they ate to fast or whatever never a solid reason why unless of course u see all the hair then duh hairball. Lol. So inshort dogs are the sameway woth there poop like a cat is with there puke. Lol

This conversation is nothing compared to ones on a couple of other forums I'm on, like cleaning the sheath of a horse! :lol:

Back