question

OMG Dizzy!! That is another task that is all mine....lol and I have four boys!!

OMG Dizzy!! That is another task that is all mine....lol and I have four boys!!

I have one, and doubt I'll ever get another! Not my favorite chore in the world. :lol: Last time I did Stormy, he wanted to take my head off. But, he had a bean the size of a kidney bean, so I'm sure he felt much better once it was out.

Ok so here is another poop I found something odd and pulled it out but there was only that one thing everything else looked squishy like before so I will be post three or four pics all of the same poop tell me what u think. He pooped right after eating.

Attachments

• 20130413_191716.jpg
    20130413_191716.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 23
Picture two

Attachments

• 20130413_191831.jpg
    20130413_191831.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 21
Picture four
I don't think its anything it was like it was slim when I pulled it out so I'm not sure

Attachments

• 20130413_191800.jpg
    20130413_191800.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 19
I already tossed it in garbage so I can't take it in if it maybe worms

He had four today right? Hopefully cutting down on food will cut one of those out. Do they seem firmer at all to you? They look firmer than last nights and smaller amount.

So far the last two were the squishest. Hubby came home so excited may be issue for the one before this one. Playing after food maybe issue I don't know. I am going to google what worms look like in poop so I can have a visual of it. I don't think what I saw was a worm but like I've said before never seen them before. What do u think of the last poop besides squishy.

Yes a lot less too for sure I can fit it in half a fist now where it would take a full fist to pick it up. Firmer this morning yes softer still now.

If his stools are soft he'll have trouble evacuating his anal glands. Looks like he's barely tolerating his diet because of the frequency of soft stool. One picture I saw lots of mucus. He may need to switch to another food he can tolerate better. My cocker spaniel Hoshi wasn't doing well on commercial food. He's stools were similar to Charlie's. I feed him raw chicken now and his stools really improved. Hoshi's stools look like small marbles. Like others have said cocker spaniels have many skin and digestive problems. Foods they don't tolerate will cause skin and digestive problems.

Smaller is good...he has just had change in food for one day so give it another day or two. Also if he did have any worms (which is very common in dogs) he does not have any bad. He is a good weight and his coat looks very nice. It is just something to check next time to go to vet

I'm just worried about us or cat getting it if it is. So should I stick with monday if things don't change get his poop tested to rule out worms.

Is Monday your appointment? They can check for parasites and bacteria under the microscope. It is just one of the many things that can cause loose stools. Before you changed food was stools ok?

No don't have any appointment for monday just saying that day because I figured it would be long enought to tell if he was going to be normal on poop or not. This whole time that I can remember his poops have been either super runny or squishy like now. When we got him he was on Iams pro health I believe we bought a different kind of dog food and it was authority lamb and rice on the 22nd we switched completely over to grain free same brand it is now chicken and sweet potato. We switched because he was chewing his paws crazy talked to vet and they agreed to switch to grain free so we did he then saw vet on 30th of march and all was good but his teeth. At that point I wasn't disecting his poop to see if issues were happening. He got his fur cut and the expressed his anel glands on the 6th of april when he was scooting his bottom on floor and chewing his butt tail for about three days before hair cut. Which is why we got him in to get hair cut to do all at one time ears nails coat butt etc. He started scooting his butt again a few days ago I only started noticing poop issues when I asked about scooting butt the first time.

When we swit he'd we were doing half cup tell about 25th then we uped to a cup at a time.

He was chewing on his paws from the beginning it just got super bad with the rice and lamb and went away after the change to sweet potatoes and chicken.

Sometimes it can take several weeks to get straighten up on a new food...sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 weeks just to change them over to a new diet. He will be fine till you see the vet next week to check for worms or bacteria. Like I said if he does have them they are not bad as his coat and weight looks good and you are not seeing any in his poop. Just wash hands good when checking out or picking up poop and don't let kitty eat any of his poop.
Google can help get info on a lot of things but sometimes all the write ups are a bit scary and overdone. When worms can be dangerous is if a dog has had them for a really long time and heavy infested,they will get shabby dull coats,skinny but with popped bellies,pale gums and just look bad all over. Charlie is healthy and good weight and eating well with shiny coat,he may not even have any worms at all...it is just one of the many things to have checked with loose stools and rubbing his rear on ground. At vet they also will check his anal glands again for you. He sounds to be doing lots better on this food than the last one...so I would give it a little longer.
He will be ok and everything will get worked out...it just takes time and patience as each dog is different.

Last edited:
Back