Strormy needs your prayers please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dang.....I was so hopeful that the results were wonky on the first test. Yes, you all caught this very early so the results of the surgery will be good. Thinking of you all and sending love and cocker kisses from Florida.

Please don't lose hope, Polly. It is still very possible that the surgery will take care of it.

I know how scary it is and how hard the waiting is.

I am hoping Stormy's surgery is successful and he gets a good report like Braggs did recently. Hang in there!

Last edited:
Becky love. Was I remembering right that Braggs' surgery was on the top side of her neck? Or was it on the bottom like Stormy's is?

I've been up since 3. It's going to be worse than yesterday I think.

I don't think Stormy trusts me with my spoon because I'm always trying to give him his medicine. He doesn't want to take it anymore. Poor boy. Last night I defrosted some hamberger. I adapted Robin's recipe for Satin Balls. I didn't have everything on hand, but, I will get the rest of the ingredients when I feel like going out shopping.

I'm not sure yet when his surgery will be, if it will be Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure if Dr Baylor will want to wait for that iodine test, but, I imagine he will.

Polly, Braggs' tumor was right below where her collar sits. The incision was so long (17 staples) that she couldn't wear a collar for awhile.

Braggs would not eat much before her surgery, either, but she had that infection that almost killed her. I wanted to get her over that before the surgery but the vet didn't want to wait. Braggs eats like a horse now, but she can't gain any weight back. She went from 29 pounds down to 23 during the past year. The vet told me to feed her more and I have been but the weight won't stick to her. I wish I had that problem!

I hope you and Stormy have a good weekend and the heat lets up some.

Polly,

Are they thinking something with the thyroid with the iodine test? It's going to be hotter here today also. I'm leaving for the farmers market in a little bit. I do like to get there earlier but today I'm going to try to get there right when it opens. I don't think the dogs and I will walk. Ore than a half mile today. It's already in the mid 70's and very sunny.

Karen it's 86 here at 6:46 am!!!

Becky, was Braggs on the top of her neck? I seem to remember that it was. Stormy's is to the lower right side of his neck under his ear.

I know I will go the natural/homeopathic to boost immune after his surgery, as long as his appitite comes back. I can't sneak too many suppliments when he doesn't want to eat.

Karen I'm not sure about the thyroid... I'll ask.

I just wondered what the iodine test was for. Usually in people it's for thyroid but I suppose it could be for other things also.

Polly, Braggs' tumor was on the lower left side of her neck. I have been trying to find a photo, but I guess we never took one because she was so sick. From the photos I saw of Stormy's, it looks like Braggs' was in almost the same spot.

Oh Becky thank you! That does give me hope. I'm praying! I'm praying!

Hope you and your family are staying cool and safe today in those high temps Polly. Hoping Stormy is doing well today.

Checking in to see what the latest is on your boy, I am sorry the news was not better. Hugs and prayers that they can get this taken care of, the sooner the better.

It sure was hot today. I called Robin laughing because I did make a version of her satin balls for Stormy. He would have nothing to do with it!! So I took it and made a patty and fried it. Still he turned up his nose at it.

I then defrosted some hamburger, made him a patty and voom! He ate that in no time flat. So, I guess it's hamburgers for Stormy now. My only fear now is that I can't get him to take his antib's at all. We tried twice tonite, and both times he spit it out and Pogo got it. I dare not shove it down his throat because of his tumor, so I will talk to the vet on Monday if I can't get him to take his meds tomorrow.

If you gently keep his chin up while stuffing pill and burger, it's tougher to spit out. No messaging, just keep his chin and nose up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

String cheese? Even pill pockets? If only one dog needs pills and its a bigger pill or several of them so I can't fit it into the cheese and I need to use a pill pocket, I'll line them up, have them sit, and then give them both the pill picket as a treat. Of course only one contains the pills.

Give Stormy a few hand fed pieces of his favorite hamburger and then stick the pill in a piece. Is it a type pill that you can crush and mix in with his hamburger if he keeps spitting it out?

LOL the stinker. Vern took MY klondike ice cream, cut off a corner, stuck the pill in that, and Stormy spit it out. I tried holding his head up also Deborah LOL.. I've tried cream cheese sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, cheddar cheese etc... [sigh] when he's feeling better, I can put his pills in a spoon with a little jelly and down they go! Dern it!

It gets difficult when they become wise to the pills. Hope you have luck with Stormy taking his pills. Wow, ice cream did not work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back