This is a test

OK I'm gonna send them separately, it will be easier! This was "Wonder," JB Star of Wonder, our palomino tovero filly, our first foal of our own breeding.
395998_439132086107048_1906139822_n.jpg

This was my minimal white overo mare, "Chloe," UpClose N Personal, the dam of "Wonder". She was bred to a world champion palomino tobiano stallion. I remember watching her like a hawk, I wanted to BE THERE when the baby was born. Well let me tell you, I woke up one morning and grabbed the binocs to do a quick scan before I threw clothes on to run down to the barn. She was standing there, and there was this "white" blob I could not figure out what it was. I did not expect Wonder's coloring out of Chloe. ha! I was so irritated that I wasn't there, she exhibited none of the things you look for for impending birth. Bratty McBratterson!!! lol

chloe.jpg

This was our second foal out of Chloe, "Felix," or JB Success Up Close. He was a bay breeding stock paint. His sire was 3 generations from Man 'O War, and most of the pedigree was racing quarter horses. The stallion had a wonderful temperament, and a lovely horse. Felix was the easiest foal to train, very stable.
felix.jpg

This was "Passion," or Zack's Diamond Rio, our red roan Quarter Horse filly. I think, if I remember right, she was 1 1/2 years in this picture.
passion2.JPGpasson1.jpg

This is my youngest, Brianna, on her Appendix Quarter Horse (racing stock) gelding Rusty. He had the smoothest lope ever. I remember telling her to "Kiss" to him, and he'd go into a nice lope. She was so scared to do it. I said just trust me, trust me trust me!! KISS to him... So she does, and the horse drops his head, collects up into a gentle, rocking horse lope. She was amazed. I remember her laughing and saying it was the funnest ever. Poor horse that's all she wanted to do on him. lol Push button guy, perfect for a newbie, great confidence builder.
rusty.jpg

OK I have to find the rest, and I ran over my quota so gotta go delete some pics lol BRB with the rest.

Everyone has such nice looking horses. :wub:

Jen, I've heard of people staying all night in the barn because they know their mare is ready to foal. Then, they'll run up to the house in the morning to get a cup of coffee, be gone maybe 10 minutes, come back out to find a foal w/the mother. :lol:

Yes lol and Chloe did NOT like to be locked up in the stall. We always left the outside door open to the stall so she could go in and out. OK getting ready to post the rest of the pics I found. Oh, and she did the same thing when she had Felix. She did NOT want an audience. lol

OK sorry but the rest are in "scrapbook" format. This was my oldest daughter's mare "Mafi" or SA Mafion. She was a half Egyption, half Polish Arab mare, who was 22 years old when these were taken. Brit started riding at 5. She was FEARLESS.
182154_439147182772205_1308943621_n.jpg

This was Sunshine, Brit's pony. Brit was 4 when she had Sunshine. (I guess her official first equine?) lol We only had her for about 9 months and we had to have her put to sleep. Very sad.
557794_439138796106377_1116605416_n.jpg

My first horse, a Quarter Horse gelding, "Ranger". This horse taught me how to RIDE. I purchased him as a six year old, and all he knew how to do was gaming. He had two speeds, a gazillion miles an hour and sliding stop. He turned on a dime, however, I kept going straight. I fell off this horse so many times, couple concussions etc. I started training him for western pleasure, and when we mastered that we did english pleasure, hunter over jumps, and started him in dressage. Five years of work. Then after I had Brianna I didn't think I could let him sit (I was riding about five days a week) and I sold him (wish I hadn't.) His new mom took him back to gaming. sigh. lol
480774_439146399438950_1556826949_n.jpg

Last one. This was "Coffee", our token Appy. lol she was 26 in these pics.
532067_439146329438957_1364716594_n.jpg

Beautiful,beautiful,beautiful Jen....I just love that colt Wonder!!

Dizzy,it can, happen once to us...after spending hours at the barn,came to the house for less than fifteen minutes,back to the barn and there was a new foal. Some mares are just that way,don't want anyone around...other seem to really appreciate that you are there to help if needed.

I am glad you have your ear condition under control and found out what it was and what triggered it. It is no fun to feel like you are going to pass out. I am so glad you are looking to find a special Cocker to be with you. Cockers are very special dogs and love there owners so much.

Last edited:
Oh wow just saw the others,your 5 year old is precious sitting up on the grey mare Mafi (seems like yesterday I was her size just starting to ride) and wow I can tell Ranger is full of himself...lol Thats the fun ones. My first little mare also had one speed....GO
Oh the years...where do they go so fast :(

Last edited:
Oh beautiful Jen. I've seen some but not all of these.

Beautiful pics, Jen. Mafi looks a lot like Misty. As far as I know, Misty is an Egyptian Arabian, but the "breeders" never did any paper work on her, so she came WOP.

Back