This is a test

DJ, you are right, a tovero is the same as a medicine hat. =)) Thanks all. I don't look at the pics very often, because I miss them very much. Thanks for letting me share them with you. =) I won't be getting back into horses again. I did that once when I sold my gelding "Ranger" and all the equipment etc., believing that part of my life was over. Then about ten years? ago I had the opportunity to acquire "Chloe" and my adventure in horses started again. This time, I'm truly done, and there's a little twinge of grief in that. Well, maybe more than a little!

What beautiful horses everyone has. Our horses have been gone for many years so any pictures are old and not on the computer. We had an American Saddler, and a quarter horse, both mares. When we had to sell them both were with foals :( Our youngest daughter was very allergic to hay , it would send her to the hospital if she got around it. And we had to board them which was very costly, giving them up was hard.:(

OK, some more pics. The first one is all 3 of my guys. The 2nd one is Licorice. She was black when I got her, but now she's turning gray! It gets warm enough to take her blanket off, I'll post a better pic of her. The 3rd one is Misty w/some of her other "herd mates". The next one is Licky doing her imitation of a dead pony. And, the last one is Licky asking if she can drive my truck. :lol:

Attachments

• SANY7472.jpg
    SANY7472.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 37
  • SANY7465.jpg
    SANY7465.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 34
  • SANY7470.jpg
    SANY7470.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY7471.jpg
    SANY7471.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 34
  • SANY7438.jpg
    SANY7438.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 38
Wow Dizzy...they are are so beautiful,love their blankets...what a good Mom you are!! I just love the farm life :)

Stormy's blanket was supposed to be either black or blue. I ordered it, the tack shop called and told me it was in, so I went to get it. They didn't have it! That's when he realized that someone looked thru all the stuff he had to the side for people that had ordered things and pulled my blanket out! It never dawned on him when he was ringing them up that they had done that, and the red was the only blanket they had left in that size. Licky's blanket is pink, and from a distance, it's hard to see who's who. But, Licky's blanket is a bit small on her, so I'm going to try Stormy's on her. If it fits, I'll get him a new one for next year.

He's never been a big grain eater, but I've been slowly changing his feed and upping it. I got him a complete, extruded feed. So, I'm hoping when I can pull blankets, I'll be able to see a difference in his weight.

As promised, here's a pic of them w/out their blankets. And, Stormy has gained weight! He looks so much better than I was expecting.

Attachments

• SANY7491.jpg
    SANY7491.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 23
Very nice Dizzy!! You did a good job this winter!! :) Lots of work and feedings out in the cold and snow!!

Thanks! We didn't get much snow, but we sure did get the cold!

When I pulled Stormy's blanket, I was expecting him to have lost weight. Instead, he had filled out some! He still needs some weight along the top line and his flanks, but this is actually the best he's looked in months! If he keeps this up, I might be able to start riding him again in another month or 2.

Back