This may be it!

dizzy

I contacted a breeder for an ESC some time ago. I don't even remember when. I just got an e-mail from them saying that their dog had pups and wanted to know if I was still interested! So, I've e-mailed her back saying yes! She's not that far from me, and I will actually be in the general vicinity of where she lives next month! So, if it all possible, I plan to go and see the puppies.

I talked w/her on the phone yesterday afternoon. They wait a bit B4 they have people come and see the pups. There are 6, 3 males, 3 females. I want a female. 2 are black and tan and one is black. They're planning on keeping a pup, just don't know which one yet, nor do they know which sex they're keeping. I'm hoping for the black one, but if that's the one they're keeping, then I'd go for one of the other girls. I'm excited.

Hoping you are pleased with the pups and get the one you want.:thumbsup:

Oh how wonderful Dizzy. I can't wait to hear how your meet and greet goes!

Thanks. It almost doesn't seem possible that it's finally going to happen. I don't even remember how many years I've been looking. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but that's the price you pay for a healthy puppy. They do all kinds of testing to be as sure as possible that there are no problems, so I understand.

Thank you. I'll keep you all posted. I plan on e-mailing the breeder later this week and see if she wants to hear from me periodically or what.

Hubby and I finally talked. I wasn't sure how he was going to feel about getting a puppy. And he did balk at the price-until he realized that I wasn't expecting him to pay for it. I have that much put aside right now for a newer truck. But, I can get a truck anytime, I can't get a puppy anytime. And, fall is the best time of year for me to get one. So, as long as nothing happens, I'll be getting my puppy this fall! I've already had a dream about it and in my dream, I got the black one and she was great.

Well, we talked for about 1/2 an hour. It was a good conversation. She knows more about me, and is happy w/what I plan on doing. You can take your dog to TSC around here for shots. I won't do that. We'll be going to the vet. Yes, it costs more, but if there's a problem, you already have a relationship w/the vet. She prefers a later spaying, I agree. Plus, a big one for me, her dogs don't have the hair coat that the American Cockers do, so this will be much better for my lifestyle.

Around the beginning of September is when she'll have people come up to see them. That way, they're a bit older and have had their first shots, so less chance of disease. Then, as long as I still want one, I'll be making a deposit of 1/3 the asking price. Of course, the whole amount is due B4 I can take a pup home. And, she'll be sending pics out periodically so I can see how they're growing. I probably won't post any of those on here since they're not my dogs, and not my pics.

After I see them, I'll probably be contacting the vet I used to use when I still had a dog (and a cat) to let them know that I'll be getting a puppy and when so I can see what their recommendations are as to how soon after getting her I'd need to bring her in. I'm excited.

Hubby's big concern was that he doesn't want her all over the house when no one is here. She will be crate trained. And of course, I'll be taking her w/me as much as I can. Wonder if people would mind if I brought her to church?

Oh Dizzy I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for your updates.

Back