Update on us

What I bought was for dogs. It is called Fido Flex and is beef and cheese flavored. I tried putting it in his food and he picked it out. I even tried putting it on a cracker since it is spreadable, but even that did not work. On the third try, I put it on a small piece of cheese and that worked. I took Butters on a short walk tonight. I was wore out from walking R.J. but it was nice to walk at a slow pace. As usual, both boys got compliments on how good they looked and got extra attention and pats on the head.

Well, CVS was worth a try. Maybe you'll come across something tastier like those liver flavored ones Polly uses.

The glucosamine pills I got from the vet are beef flavored. They kinda remind me of the old heartworm pills from long ago. Same color and texture. Some might remember them, the kind you had to give every day? Riley gets 1/2 pill a day. The bottle wasn't very much and it should last us about a year. Might be worth a look.

I bought a bottle of the Glucosimine tabs at Wal Mart tonight. Butters liked them, I did not have to wrap them in anything. At least I got that problem solved. Now, R.J. has itchy skin and we had to get some pills for that from the vet today. I think it is a change in temp, it is starting to warm up here (slowly). I expect Butters to start itching soon.

Randy and the boys:huggles:

Randy
I'm glad you found some glucosmine that Butters will take. Now poor RJ.. if it isn't one thing, it's another.. you by chance didn't change RJ's shampoo did you? Do you give them Omega oils? Like fish or flax seed?
That's good for their skin. :naughty:

Let us know how the glucosamine works. Hopefully, R.J. will start feeling better too.

Oh man, it's so hard to figure out the itchies . . . that's no fun. Hopefully the glucosamine helps Butters feel a bit better.

As for RJ, you can use Benadryl to help with itchies from time to time, but I agree that a visit to the vet is a good idea, just to be safe.

Thanks everybody. Both boys are doing ok, they each got a new toy today for being good boys. R.J. got a squeaky rabbit and Butters a squeaky bouncy ball. I think those pills are kicking in for Butters, he seems to be moving a little faster, esp. if I throw a ball. I know about Benadryl, I give it Butters as needed.

Randy and the :dog::dog:

Those glucosamine sure do the trick. When I walked Butters tonight, he was trucking right along. We walked for 7 blocks and I had trouble slowing him down. R.J. is still itching a little, but he is doing better. :w00t:

Yay,

glad he's doing better. It usually takes about a week for the gluc to kick in. I can remember our old lab. He has HD and severe arthritis. He was old for a lab, and the gluc really helped him. In fact, sometimes he was too active and I would threaten to take his meds away. ;) he would jump up in the air and try to catch airplanes in the sky. We live near a Naval Air Station. He hated helicopters too.

How nice they got a new toy, good daddy

7 BLOCKS? I would have to call someone to come and get me cause I would never make it back

Hi Randy,
My name is Shelly and we have 2 spoiled rotten cocker babies a 5 month old puppy named Noodles and a sweet old girl named Star.
I looked at your album and you little cock-a-poo was adorable..he looked like he was quite the character. I didn't know how to leave a commment, but he sure was cutie pie!:)
I hope you find some relief for the itchies for your pupper.

Randy!
I'm so glad that Butters and RJ are doing better! I remember a long time ago just after I adopted my Pak he would have to have an allergy shot in the spring. Then he would be better. That was before Linny educated me on what to feed. Now I don't have any problems :naughty:

Yeah...7 blocks is a little hike. I get a little tired becasue I have to walk the boys seperately. More exercise for me. We are also thinking of putting a pen out back so the boys can run around outside and still be safe.

Glad to hear the glucosamine is helping Butters. You're getting quick results. It usually takes a while before you notice an improvement.

I was taking Butters for a walk a couple of days ago and we walked by this ladies house. She saw Butters and said "oh, what a pretty puppy; is she having babies?" Of all the questions and comments I have had about Butters, that has been he best. Guess he still needs to lose a few pounds.

I was taking Butters for a walk a couple of days ago and we walked by this ladies house. She saw Butters and said "oh, what a pretty puppy; is she having babies?" Of all the questions and comments I have had about Butters, that has been he best. Guess he still needs to lose a few pounds.

Haha Randy, maybe your neighbor needs glasses!^_^

You think that's bad, I took Gabby to the park a couple years ago and he ran past this little girl. She was taken by surprise as Gabby came from behind her. She was startled and said, "OMG! A pig!" She's obviously from the city and has never laid eyes on a pig although Gabby is as close as she'll get to seeing a real one.

Last edited:
You think that's bad, I took Gabby to the park a couple years ago and he ran past this little girl. She was taken by surprise as Gabby came from behind her. She was startled and said, "OMG! A pig!" She's obviously from the city and has never laid eyes on a pig although Gabby is as close as she'll get to seeing a real one.

OMG Manuel.. I think that poor girl needed glasses!;)

OMG a pig????

Mind you . . . . last summer Grace got into the neighbour's backyard through a gap in the fence. She's the friendliest dog every - not a mean bone in her body. I heard the teenage son yell "Get away!" in a very panicked voice, which is how I knew she was there (she's very quiet and stealthy). Anyhow, he told me afterward he thought she was a cougar! I laughed so hard I cried (after he was gone). We don't have cougars here, and she looks nothing like one!

So yeah, good things our puppers don't get identity crises!

Back