Our Stormy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog Tina had the exact same thing. She was 12. I still remember making the decision to put her to sleep. Hardest thing I ever did. I stayed in the room while the vet did his thing. Tina looked at me and seconds later that was it. Im getting choked up just thinking about it. I kept some of her fur in a keepsake box. I am sorry for your tough loss!!!

Polly, I hope Stormy sleeps well and has a good day tomorrow. Sending hugs to dear Stormy.

Polly I will be praying for all of you for Friday!!! Everyday I come to look for your updates. I will be hurrying home on Friday to check for news. I am so glad he feels up to playing and eating. It is a very good sign. Terri sends her love as well. Maggie Bag A Rags & Crystal Blue send puppy kisses and wiggles.

My dog Tina had the exact same thing. She was 12. I still remember making the decision to put her to sleep. Hardest thing I ever did. I stayed in the room while the vet did his thing. Tina looked at me and seconds later that was it. Im getting choked up just thinking about it. I kept some of her fur in a keepsake box. I am sorry for your tough loss!!!
Oh! He's not gone yet. Friday is our first consultation/meet with our Oncologist. I will know more about where we are with this horrible Cancer then. Thanks for your kind words, and, I'm so sorry for your loss. To me it's all about Stormy's Quality of life, not the length of his life now. So, with that in mind, we will evaluate what options are open to us with the Oncologist.

::::STORMY UPDATE Morning 7/9:::::#StormysFight

Stormy was up early today. He's brushed and sitting in my office with Pogo and me.
I plan on calling my vet this morning and bringing him in for another Prednisone.
The shots seem to last 4 days for him. I'm going to see if Dr will give him pills or liquid.
Not sure because we go to the Oncologist this Friday.

:)I hope the shots keep him happy and I am happy to read he is doing ok, keep it up Mr Stormy

::::STORMY UPDATE Midmorning 7/9::::::#StormysFight

We are back from the vets. All this time I thought he was on Prednisone, but, I found out
today that he isn't. He's on Dexamethasone SP (4mg). Which is another steroid very similar.

His weight is holding. He was 27 pounds today. He was 27 pounds when we took him in the first time we took him in. I do notice his coat is looking drier. I wasn't sure if that's due to the steroids
or not. I forgot to ask Dr. Baylor today. Dr. Ayl's office already has his records, but Dr Baylor gave me a disc with his xrays on it to take to Dr Ayl on Friday, so, we are set.

I won't offer anything yet to Stormy to eat. I'll wait for the shot to kick in.

It's going to be 99 today so it will be hot.

Oh! And, Dr wanted it to be the shot for now until we see Dr Ayr on Friday.

Glad you're in for Friday. The timing should be good for the shot so Stormy can be comfortable until then. I'll bet Stormy will want to eat a little later. What will it be this time?

Glad you could get him in for another shot.
You may want to add this question to your list on Friday. If they decide to keep Stormy on the shots ask if they will give you something to give him in case he crashes on the weekend and you can't get him in and he needs something until the next shot. They should be able to prescribe a pill for him for emergencies. May be costly so you may want to get the script and have it filled at WalMart or the grocery store.

Hugs to all and I hope Stormy enjoys his meals today - whatever they may be.

Vern wants Liver and Onions (I know in this heat LOL) The boys always love liver, so, I'll bet Stormy will want some.
I'm also defrosting some of that rice I made him and a burger patty. So he will have choices.

I don't like beef liver so I make chicken liver.. only thing is that it pops! I get burned LOL.. Oh well.

Glad you could get him in for another shot.
You may want to add this question to your list on Friday. If they decide to keep Stormy on the shots ask if they will give you something to give him in case he crashes on the weekend and you can't get him in and he needs something until the next shot. They should be able to prescribe a pill for him for emergencies. May be costly so you may want to get the script and have it filled at WalMart or the grocery store.

Hugs to all and I hope Stormy enjoys his meals today - whatever they may be.

Yes exactly Dotty.. we kind of have the shots timed now, we know right now they last 3-4 days comfortably.. probably even 5 days, but, it's Stormy's throat, and, I don't want him uncomfortable.

Linny thinks it's more or less unoperable, because if they remove the tumor, there is nothing there they can sew up. So, we will see what Dr Ayr says.

I have talked to Dr. Baylor about pills for the future. His vet tech gave me a very nice syringe today to keep at home. All this hinges on what Dr. Ayr says.

Polly, praying for good news for Stormy at the oncologist. Glad he was able to get another shot. I am sure he will be comfortable and eat today.

So good to hear that Stormy is feeling well and had his shot today! Sure he will want some of your good home cooking this evening. Praying here also for a good report on Friday for Stormy.

Yes Polly, that is what I meant. I would want something to have at home "just in case".

Liver and onions.....????>......:x Stormy can have my share! LOL

Hugs

::::STORMY UPDATE- Dinner 7/9:::#StormysFight

Wowza! I made liver and onions for dinner, rice and green beans.
I cooked Stormy's meat patty in with the liver. Boy did he LOVE his dinner.
Of course I cut his patty in half, I had half on my plate and Vern had the other
half. Stormy also got a good serving of green beans and some liver.

After dinner he rolled around on his back playing. Vern calls it the "bicycle"

Stormy is now laying at my feet. I love that those shots help him so well.

He made up for not eating much earlier today.

LOL Bicycle. Charley does that and then lays on his side and kicks. Joe calls that last part his "swimming" lessons. LOL

Glad Stormy ate well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back