Throwing up

I'm so sorry. I've had both of them sick with a virus at the same time. I have no idea where they got it and it sure wasn't pretty. I have great sympathy for you.

Oh no Randy.
Well it sure looks like the boys contacted some virus or something. If your vet is on call, I would sure let him know. And see if there is anything you can do to help keep them hydrated.

I would seriously consider having some SubQ fluids put in the boys. Also, I'm not sure if you feed these sorts of things, but pig ears and stuff like that have been known to cause pancreatitis. It's fatty and icky and if you have anything like that around, toss it.

Chuck their food, it could be something like aflatoxins in there, (not seen to nekid eye) and making them sick.

Oh no sorry to hear that now R.J. has whatever this is. I sure hope the boys are feeling better ASAP. ((((to you all))))

This is just a suggestion. You may want to consider something other than hamburger for meals right now. If it's greasy it won't help things a bit. The cooked rice you mentioned earlier would be easier to digest. One of the docs I worked with was always blaming bad meat for stomach problems.

I never give them things like pig ears. Butters like the burger better than the rice. Any food suggestions? Our regular vet is not on call, but will be calling the other vet we saw. Should R.J. be checked like Butters was (bloodwork and stuff)?

For now, you might want to try some boiled chicken breast instead of the hamburger, and add the rice to that. Just bring it to a slow boil for about an hour, then break it up into bite size pieces for them. Small meals for now too.
What kind of food do you normally feed them? Linda is right. You might need to toss it... Could be a bad batch. Anything else like treats too.

We usually give them moist in the a.m. with MilkBones and dry in the p.m. They get very little people food and never anything hot or spicy. They currently eat Beneful Healthy Weight, but I know Butters has to start on a senior type dog food. The new vet suggested Iams. They get very little doggie treats. We are using VitaDrops for R.J.s Obedience class, which he will probably miss next week. I'll ask what to do about fluids when I call the vet.

Do the dogs go outside without you ever? Also do you have any new houseplants? One time Hannah became very ill after eating a hyacine bulb (she had to jump up on the table outside to reach it). dogs will scarf up the nastiest stuff.

I am so sorry that both Butters and R.J. are sick. I hope that this is resolved soon, for everybody's sake.

I never give them things like pig ears. Butters like the burger better than the rice. Any food suggestions? Our regular vet is not on call, but will be calling the other vet we saw. Should R.J. be checked like Butters was (bloodwork and stuff)?

Sounds to me like Butters had a little virus and now RJ has it. They don't need a LOT of water just a few tablespoons at a time...do they like icecubes?

Personally I wouldnt do bloodwork for a virus. It will run its course just like Butter's did....

They boys never go outside without me, but that is a popular routine around here. We live right by a road that people drive very fast on. We see dogs running in the street every day. The only thing they sneak in the house is when we drop food on the floor. Yes, they like icecubes. They did not throw up during the night. I just checked on them. Butters is still resting and R.J. was wagging his tail.

Geez one sick baby is bad enough, but both ...

When Precious was sick we gave her some leftover Thanksgiving turkey which she gobbled up. We sometimes will also pick up a small fresh chicken (3-4 lbs) and simmer it in the crock pot all day. Nothing added but a little water to make it moist, and it falls off the bone. They can eat for several days on that.

I hope they get better soon.

The boys are doing better. R.J. ran around and played with his sqeaky moose today and Butters with his favorite tennis ball. They LOVVVED the chicken. We are taking some with us tomorrow. We are staying in tonight so they can rest somemore. They are drinking water again and are going out to potty just fine. Still no poopy from R.J. but I'm not concerned about that.

Finally, some good news! :w00t: I'm so glad to hear they're eating and drinking again without it shooting out both ends. Keep us updated.

Great news. Glad they're starting to feel better. Slow and easy for a few days, and keep em on the chicken for a bit longer. Lets hope the worst is over.

ahhh good news. Sounds like a virus whipped through your house. Had you been anywhere with them in the past 10 days that they could have picked up something...only takes a nose or butt sniff...

Back